The Account Manager (AM) position is responsible for cold calling and developing relationships with property managers, following up on leads provided and setting appointments with homeowners, meeting with homeowners, property managers etc. to diagnose and provide solutions for roof repair and / or replacement. In addition, the AM will prepare accurate material and labor takeoffs, draft detailed proposals, conduct professional presentations and effectively closing profitable sales at or above goals set by management.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Meet with prospective residential and commercial clients.
- Accurately survey existing residential and commercial roofs for repair, replacement and/or maintenance programs.
- Review bid documents/specifications to determine client needs.
- Conduct site visits for prospective residential re-roofing opportunities and perform a thorough analysis of existing roofing conditions.
- Prepare accurate labor & material cost estimates.
- Diagnose and price commercial and residential roof system repairs.
- Prepare professional bid documents and proposals for roof repair, replacement, and/or maintenance programs.
- Professionally present bids to clients.
- Cold call on new territories and accounts.
- Identify market trends and maintain awareness of competitive roofing activity.
- Process all information on awarded projects for turnover to customer service and/or production department.
- Constantly follow up with clients on open bids.
- Follow up with clients during production phases to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in processing all relevant change orders or scope changes for ongoing projects.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate estimates as well as pricing that meets profitability expectations set by Management.
- Assist with project closeout.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years of trade related home improvement sales & estimating.
- Residential and commercial experience with flat roofing assemblies, roof tile, shingles, and metal roofing is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and closing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be computer literate and experienced in using Windows applications such as: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Solid mathematical skills are essential and previous experience with the “Edge Estimating System” or a similar estimating program would be a plus
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Willing to participate in continuous improvement education/training programs to maintain current technology and methodology as specified by management
- Ability to: sit, stand, walk, bend and crouch
- Good command of speech and hearing required
- Close vision, ability to adjust, focus and good peripheral vision
- Able to climb ladders and walk on sloped and non-sloped roofs (as needed)
- Highly competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance Plans
- 401K with company match
- Company vehicle
- Cell Phone / Laptop