The APRN is responsible for the general physical care of the clients. The APRN will be responsible for examining, evaluating and treating clients including writing of needed prescriptions. The APRN will work closely with the RN’s and LPN’s as well as conferring with the Medical Director to ensure the highest degree of care for all clients.
· Examine clients including physical exams and taking client history.
· Prescribe medications
· Authorize treatments and educate clients on continued care
· Communicate with the Clinical team to ensure continuity of care for clients.
· May Facilitate support groups and complete all proper documentation.
· Administers medications and monitors post-acute withdrawal symptoms.
· Confers with and assists the Medical Director.
· Makes appropriate referrals using referral forms.
· Assists with emergency situations and make immediate referrals.
· Provides documentation which reflects services for each patient in accordance with licensure standards.
· Maintains the Confidential nature of all patients and facility activities.
· Maintains required Training & Continuing Education.
· Maintains Standards of Ethical Conduct.
· Complies with all Transformations Policies and Procedures.
· Effectively communicates concerns about patient health to the Medical Director and follows up as necessary.
· Under the supervision of the Medical Director, assists in educating patients about health problems and medical care.
· Assists the treatment team in incorporating medical issues into treatment planning.
· Participate in regular meetings with Clinical Director to discuss specific patient problems.
· Facilitate medical groups as needed and participates
· Current Florida State APRN License
· Current CPR Certification
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in a psychiatric health-care facility treating co-occurring, mentally ill, or chemically dependent patients, with understanding of co-occurring disorders.
· All employees may be required to work before, during and/or immediately after a natural or man-made disaster