Successful employees at this entrepreneurial boutique; law firm specializing in emerging legal fields of cannabis law and third-party reproduction are entrepreneurial and have a passion for what they do. With those combined attributes, the firm looks to reward those for their efforts through competitive compensation packages and a relaxed and fun working environment, and recognition of work well done. If you want to work for a great company working on the new areas of law, then apply now!
Day to day activities will vary over a broad spectrum of responsibilities, delivered in a fast-paced working atmosphere. The ideal candidate has demonstrated commitment to professionalism, and has hands-on experience with attorney-client trust accounts, attorney billing, skilled multi-tasker, reliable, committed to consistently meeting deadlines and enjoys interacting with clients and prospective clients.
Excellent organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines and accuracy is a MUST have qualification for this position. Ability to prioritize and focus on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, work expeditiously, and handling confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion are CRITICAL qualifications
A magnetic personality, sense of humor, love of dogs (we are a dog friendly business) and get-it-done attitude a must.
Extraordinary technology and computer skills are mandatory. Must be adept at adopting new technology, and have an above average ability to research, and trouble shoot multiple software and internet-based programs.
He or she will have daily contact and personal working relationships with clients and interacts with them on a daily basis. They will proactively handle challenging people and situations and be accommodating with a supportive attitude. They will have persistence, proactive strong follow-up skills, and comfort with routine.
· Establish and maintain clients trust accounts on QuickBooks On-Line
- Generate trust account reports to clients and investors
· Primary contact for all financial needs
· Review legal contracts specific to client trust accounts regarding disbursements
· Ability to reconcile multiple bank accounts, credit card statements and trust account reporting
· Experience working with external CPA and auditors to enter year end data and close out books
· Strong understanding of all aspects of accounting including GL entries, debits and credits
· Ability to run and interpret monthly financial statements for management review
· Comprehensive experience with working with multiple vendors to pay invoices and resolve issues on a timely basis
- Ability to reconcile multiple bank accounts, credit card statements and trust account reporting
- Experience working with external CPA and auditors to enter year end data and close out books
- Strong understanding of all aspects of accounting including GL entries, debits and credits.
- Comprehensive experience with working with multiple vendors to pay invoices and resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Keep office operations running smoothly
- Order office supplies and equipment
- Coordinate office equipment, interact with Landlord when needed
- Plan in-house and off-site activities and events
- Mail intake, assist with phones, and copying when needed
- Problem solve and creativity in developing solutions and increasing efficiencies and lower costs
- Process and manage payroll and benefits (5-6 employees)
- Respond to payroll questions/issues
- Assist in the on boarding process and off boarding employees
- Update HR database with employee information, keeping all information confidential
Mandatory Experience/Skills Required:
- 2 years QuickBooks On Line and Bookkeeping experience- Cash Basis Accounting (Mandatory)
- 2 years Attorney-Client Trust Account experience (Mandatory)
- Strong proficiency in Excel for reporting and analysis is also a must.
- Strong proficiency in Word
· There will be some accounting/bookkeeping/QuickBooks testing during the interview process. Strong proficiency in Excel for reporting and analysis is also a must
· Valid California Driver’s license and reliable transportation- some office errands will be occasionally required.
- Associate (Preferred)
Job Hours: Part Time 20-25 hrs. per week, which can be afternoon or morning depending on candidate preference. A full time considered for the right candidate.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Language: English with good verbal and written communication skills.