Registered Nurse/RN #0035
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Registered Nurse/RN will provide care and service to unaccompanied children and teens, Registered Nurses will use their language skills to communicate in a way that is culturally-sensitive, while fostering a safe and comfortable environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted privileges.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies. Must appropriately document patient/resident encounters electronically according to current standards of care using electronic health records.
- Provides supervision of Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses, as assigned.
- Provides assessment and treatment of patients during sick call and refers to mid-level provider and/or physician as appropriate.
- Provides screening of patients during intake per established policies and procedures.
- Obtains patients’ medical histories and appropriately refers abnormal findings or responses or stated medical problems to the physician and/ or mid-level provider.
- Draws labs as requested and collects laboratory specimens.
- Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis as needed.
- Administers medications, immunizations, education, or other needed treatments as ordered/recommended.
- Adheres to professional nursing principals, procedures and techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from onsite administrative personnel.
- Coordinates health care needs of residents with multidisciplinary team members and coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
- Participates as member of multidisciplinary team to ensure that equipment, supplies, and logs are available, correct and updated. Ensures all equipment is functional and appropriately maintained according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- May serve as clinic coordinator to ensure effective and efficient clinical operations.
- May participate in peer reviews, Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities, Infection Control activities, investigations, or other clinically significant activities onsite.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to, position.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S.Department of Education
1. Graduate from an associate's or baccalaureate nursing program for Registered Nurses located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
2. Minimum one (1) year of professional experience as a licensed registered nurse in a hospital, medical office, or residential setting.
1. Current and unrestricted license as Registered Nurse in any state. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
2. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment procedures.
2. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
3. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient understands.
4. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
5. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
7. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training and communications.
8. Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
9. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Our Company is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Confidential - Staffing and Recruiting
HealthcareView all jobs at Confidential - Staffing and Recruiting