Our new brand to Chicago is looking for kitchen talent to join our team!
Title of Position: Executive Sous Chef
Job Description: Our Sous Chef will be challenged every single day. The person in this position will assist the Executive Chef in educating and mentoring the kitchen staff, keeping them up to date with any menu adjustments, and maintaining consistent top-quality ingredients in every dish, every time. The Sous Chef must be able to handle high-volume rush times for lunch and dinner and follow recipes with every dish. There is some great opportunity for creativity in this role too! Responsibilities will also include maintaining proper food safety and making sure sanitation procedures are being met, and exceed. As our Sous Chef, you are in the position to develop your career and we’re committed to assisting you in becoming versed in functions of the Executive Chef such as product ordering, inventory control, and scheduling. The Sous Chef will maintain a professional atmosphere and an open line of communication to ensure culinary staff concerns are dealt with appropriately.
- Competitive Compensation
- Insurance Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Thorough and Ongoing Training (locally)
- The Sous Chef must possess 3-5 years high-volume Kitchen Management experience
- Proven experience creating a safe work environment incorporating teamwork and professional development is necessary for the Sous Chef
- The Sous Chef must have proven success in controlling of costs associated with running a profitable business such as food, labor, and beverage
- The Sous Chef must have a proven track record in driving sales and guest traffic
- The ability to perform basic math calculations and understand fundamental accounting principles is a must for the Sous Chef