- $20 to $22 Hourly
A great opportunity to join an amazing team where we often refer to our colleagues as our family. In joining our family, you'll find we are unified in our goals and dedicated to your growth and development, in the same way, we are committed to providing stellar service to our residents, clients, and their assets. That is what makes us one of the Best Places to Work in Multifamily.
Beyond the benefit of having supportive leadership and corporate resources, We offer you competitive wages as well as a variety of benefits to meet your personal needs and a great work environment to include employee development and growth opportunities.
Bring your experience, dedication and come join the team!
We have a key contributor, full-time position available. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for property and facility general maintenance repairs, unit make-readies, preventive maintenance, and other tasks to ensure quality standards and appealing grounds keeping. Hands-on position includes general carpentry work, plumbing, electrical, painting, heating, air conditioning, and appliance repairs while ensuring all safety requirements are consistently met with quality standards delivered.
This position may require overtime, hours in the evening, and/or weekends to include an on-call schedule. Building a strong cohesive family, this key contributor will apply solid skills and experience to include:
- Responsible for complying with all safety standards within OSHA specifications as well as all company guidelines, reporting any discrepancies immediately to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Maintains a professional, courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and staff.
- Responsible for the completion and quality of all maintenance service requests to include general repairs such as drywall, painting, carpentry, etc. as well as heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), and other appliances.
- Assists with organizing, prioritizing, and ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner, recording data.
- Assists turnkey operations with preparing vacant units rent-ready in a timely manner, performing various repairs.
- Assists with maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Repairs issues with plumbing systems which can include replacing faucets, toilets, and hot water tanks; fixing garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispersing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Responsible for minor electrical repairs such as power switches, fuses, and wall sockets. Troubleshoots electrically powered appliances such as ceiling lights, fans, climate control systems, and garage doors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Completion of high school/GED or specialized vocational training with a minimum of three (3) years experience in building and facility maintenance.
- Licensing and trade certification in HVAC, Electrical Wiring, or Plumbing highly desired.
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment.
- Possesses skills in drywall repair, carpentry, and other home-type of construction maintenance.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other staff, vendors, contractors, and residents.
- Organized and detail-oriented with a strong level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential resident information.
- Use computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, or custom applications.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug testing.
This position has physical requirements that are essential functions of the job to include use of hand strength to grasp tools, supplies, and equipment, occasionally climbs ladders, and stairs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds with and without assistance by another or supporting equipment. Additional requirements are further detailed during the interview process and the full job description provided.
Overview Comprehensive Benefits
A few details of our comprehensive benefits' program include different medical plans, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with employer contribution, and employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and an EAP. We also have additional options for supplemental life insurance including critical health insurance, accident insurance, and pet insurance. You can also depend on a 401(k) Plan with employer match plus vacation, sick time, paid holidays, floating holidays, and yes, continuous education.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Confidential - Property ManagementCharleston, SC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.