We have a fantastic opportunity to join a wonderful team of Commercial Construction Professionals in SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, working with a Regional Texas Based Commercial General Contractor ( ranks as one of Texas's best GCs, with multiple awards or high profile and quality projects ) is a seeking an experienced, professional, and top tier Estimator for their San Antonio region. You would be officing in SAN ANTONIO with some travel within the region for various projects ( on a rare and limited occasion) . The successful candidate would maintain existing client relations and develop new relationships with clients, engineers, architects, and subcontractors. Estimator must be persuasive and effective during project interviews and able to work well within a team-centered culture. Candidate would have a solid understanding and successful proven experience, estimating for GENERAL CONSTRUCTION - Ground up Commercial projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of $8M+, ground up construction in retail, office and industrial sectors ( IS HIGHLY PREFERRED)
- Ability to create and analyze value management options
- Management of multiple individual projects from concept through the bidding, design and subcontract bidding phases of these projects
- Ability to work in high pressure situation such as bid day
- Analyze and measure “risk” between subcontractors
- Ability to analyze and determine approach for various project delivery types (LS, Cost Plus, GMP)
- Review bid documents and perform quantity take-offs
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively
- Strong follow-up skills on RFIs to the architect
- Thoroughness and quality of deliverables presented to clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the technical skills for accurate and detailed estimates
- Timberline (preferred)
- MS Office
- Order, review and distribute bid documents and perform quantity take-offs
- Preparing conceptual estimates from limited information and participate in project reviews
- Work closely with project manager and superintendent regarding schedule and special construction considerations
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED Degrees in the field of Finance, Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required OR A background as a Construction PM or FIELD MANAGER is also ideal but not necessary.
Contact us today with your RESUME AND COVER LETTER telling us why this position and location ( San Antonio) would be ideal for you!
ALL contact and calls are held in strictest of confidence as we honor and value the delicate nature of looking for other employment, especially if you are currently employed.
You may also contact me directly at 512-258-5336 ext 21 - Please ask for Britanie