Reports To: Owner
FLSA Status: Exempt
The General Manager is responsible for the management of operations and profitability of a designated location. The GM is responsible for operational efficiency at their location to ensure that budget targets are being met and that operations are being executed in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner. This includes working with the Management to develop monthly as well as operational issues contingent on meeting the company’s mission, goals, and objectives. The GM is responsible for the P&L of his/her district office to ensure budget targets are being met, and that assets, inventory, personnel, and services are all managed accurately and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational oversight of designated district including financial planning, human resources, company asset management/utilization, collaboration with the sales group, and profitability of the district under his/her area of responsibility
- Establish the expectations and standards of quality for his/her location regarding customer service, operational readiness, and safety of operations
- Ensure all levels of company compliance are met for all Quality, Safety, Training, and Operational Objectives
- Provide Corporate management with monthly forecasting of projected revenue and expenses
- Work with Management to develop an annual business plan for submittal for inclusion in the company’s overall business plan. Additionally, provides long-term business growth and expansion forecasting
- Responsible for qualifying, hiring, placing, terminating, and supervising employees at his/her location (with HRsupport).
- Perform employee performance evaluations with field supervisors to be conducted on an annual or semi-annual basis
- In conjunction with other districts, coordinate the use of company resources, both personnel and equipment, to achieve maximum efficiency, profitability, and utilization of Company resources
- Ensure implementation of operational budgets are in accordance with established spending guidelines
- In conjunction with other districts, sustain ongoing monitoring of fixed asset availability and determine need for additional purchases and submittals of capital expenditures (with management approval) to assure adequate operational capability is always maintained
- In conjunction with Sales and Management, support development of new product lines, departments and services
- Support sales and marketing strategies, including direct support when necessary
- Report sales, financial, and operational issues to the Sr. VP-Operations or Owner on an on-going basis
- Maintain a high state of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Support all other special assignments as directed by the Sr. VP-Operations or Owner
- Coordinate logistics including 3rd party trucking and rig up crew for any new equipment rigging up or current equipment rigging down.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the daily revenue report and feeding accurate information to the department updating the report.
- Responsible for bringing up-to-date information to the weekly Operations/sales meetings and helping track the revenue developments throughout the month.
- Developing key customer relationships
- Hands-on site management to ensure company policy is being followed throughout all locations and continuing the development of customer and employee relations.
- Trucking, Technical, or Business-related college degree or equivalent professional experience
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of bulk material trucking, operations and sales or district experience in the industrial industry, preferable mining; including prior experience in a leadership position.
- A strategic thinker who can use their analytic, organization, and observation skills to quickly understand concepts and/or needs and then effectively develop, execute, and manage programs and solutions
- A dedicate and motivating leader of people and processes who is capable of successfully managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines and under pressure
- Understand the importance of providing outstanding levels of customer service and is willing to assist and provide support to the sales team when/where needed
- Understands financial data, reporting and can learn the company’s accounting and asset management system.
- Working knowledge and skills in Windows based computer systems. Must demonstrate competency in business software packages such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess flexibility and the capacity to handle wide range of situations and personalities.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Excellent discretion and confidentiality
- Strong results orientation
- Must be willing and able to work 8 hours or as necessary to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to work on various projects under pressure.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, and typing 8-10+ hours per day.
- Pass the required physical examination, drug screen, background check, as well as a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster yet safe ways to accomplish tasks
- Works with minimal supervision
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment
- Clean driving record, verified by MVAreport
- May require work to be performed in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and around vibration, loud noise, potential of fumes or airborne particles, and varying outdoor weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-Time