Pharmacist In Charge -Infusion/Specialty Pharmacy
Confidental Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
A growing specialty pharmacy and infusion company, has a career opportunity for a Pharmacist In Charge. Our company plays a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care over an extended period of time. One of the key factors of this role is continuously assessing problems and initiating new programs to help improve the department.
- Ensure compliance with patient care quality standards.
- Participate in the purchase and inventory maintenance of all pharmaceuticals and related substances and supplies.
- Participate in the department’s planning, revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resource management activities.
- Consult with and advise Executive Team, clinical staff and department managers on quality, regulatory and risk issues within the department of Pharmacy.
- Participate in all regulatory body surveys.
- Support and serve as consultant to all clinical staff and employees on pharmaceutical related issues.
- Review and analyze records to indicate prescribing trends and excessive usage.
- Participate to ensure that pharmacy staff has the necessary skills and equipment to provide appropriate pharmaceutical care.
- Participate to ensure that departmental commitment to patient care consists of prompt, accurate, and courteous responding to physician, nursing, and patient requests.
- Participate in the coordination of drug recalls from manufacturers and maintains a process for the control of outdated medications.
- Participate in the coordination of clinical pharmacy services to include but not be limited to the following: answering drug information requests, drug therapy monitoring prevention of drug interactions, patient education, medication reconciliation and contributing towards in-service education of staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is required from an accredited college of pharmacy, Master’s and PharmD preferred.
· Current TX Pharmacist license.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in managing Pharmacist & Techs.
Infusion and Specialty Pharmacy experience required.
· Knowledge of CPR+ preferred.
· Working knowledge of OSHA, CMS and state guidelines.
· Experience in writing policies and procedures.
ConfidentalWhy Work Here?
Great working environment and a positive culture. Excellent leadership!