JOB TITLE: Hotel General Manager
DEPARTMENT:Operations & Sales
SUPERVISOR TITLE:Managing Director
Job Description/Summary:Responsible for the overall success of the hotel,
meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring
guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manages all areas of the
hotel in accordance with brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of
superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for
staff to follow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Become involved in community and/or government affairs.
- Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward
- and recognition programs.
- Meet annually with staff on a one-to-one “Team Meeting” basis.
- Conduct monthly reward and recognition meeting celebrating goal and
- associate achievements.
- Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and use certificate training program as applicable.
- Assist operations manager/team leaders in understanding Guest Scoring
- scores, developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on strengths.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and complete in a timely fashion. Make sure associates understands all of the branded franchise benefits they are entitled.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures and complete bank deposits weekly.
- Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Develop capital expenditure plans according to the needs of hotel and brand standards.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts
- payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering/approval procedures.
- Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budgets and by approved vendors. Review with Director of Operations on site visits.
- Network during Check-in and Check-out hours to assist sales in uncovering new business leads and promote guest satisfaction.
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, and the local
- Works with the Vice President of Sales and Director of Sales to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas
- meet sanitation/ cleanliness and brand standards.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general clean program so that guest
- satisfaction goals are attained.
- Coordinate guest surveys and pass-downs to identify trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Audit a minimum of 5 suites per day identifying displeasers and ensuring that we meet brand standards.
- Assist/teach team supervisors scheduling against guest and hours per occupied room goals. Look for potential need times during the week.
- Walk with lead maintenance engineer once a week to identify capital items, routine preventive maintenance and guest impact areas. This weekly walk is to be documented via summary in your weekly reporting to the Director of Operations.
- Monitor the Preventative Maintenance (PM) book and Maintenance ticket binder to ensure completion and satisfaction.
- Meet weekly/bi-weekly with department heads to monitor effectiveness, discuss operations, and train on any immediate changes and or new procedures.
- Monitor attendance and tardiness of all associates.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations wherever needed.
- Attend all regional and brand-wide training's as outlined by the Brand.
- Ensure proper hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA and EEO requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place. Adhere to federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.**
- Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll, required Federal and State postings etc.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions, performance evaluations, prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations once reviewed/approved by the Director of Operations.
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals etc.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Brand Branded Hotel Management Required(Hilton, IHG, Choice, Marriott,etc)
- Complete scheduling of management team includes coverage of weekend and evening hours.
- Mentors and develops Managers; provides learning opportunities by assigning and delegating certain General Management responsibilities; evaluates Manager’s strengths and weaknesses and provides training and on the job tasks to prepare Managers opportunities.
- Serves as “Manager on Duty” when scheduled one weekend per month.
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
- Respond to all property communication (via cell phone, text, email) at all times and in a timely manner not to exceed one hour, unless otherwise authorized by Corporate Executives.
- Any other duties assigned by Management Company
- Minimum REQUIREMENT (3-5) years related Extended Stay, Limited Service, Full Service, Full Service or Resort HOTEL General Manager hospitality management experience in major branded hotels preferred, Industry-wide brand considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business (equivalent experience is acceptable)
- Ability to read and speak the English language and to follow/comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write TripAdvisor reviews, answer guest surveys, emails and simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate professionally with guests, associates, supervisors, and others as required for optimum operation of the property.
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet software and hotel management system.
- The employee must be able to work at a minimum 40 hours per week at the property. Depending on business demands this individual may be asked to work additional hours and/or perform additional hours and/or perform additional job responsibilities.
* Include salary requirements with resume*
Job Type: Full-time
Confidental Management Company