Position: Branch Manager
The main role of the Branch Manager is to facilitate all aspects of the branch operations to ensure a profitable outcome for the company. The candidate will need to have prior experience in the Low voltage Telecommunications Industry to be successful in this role.
As Branch Manager, you will be a member of the Leadership Team. While, your workday will often be filled with the tactical roles and responsibilities as outlined below, as a Leader, you are responsible for making strategic decisions and taking actions that produce desired results. You will take ownership of your business including meeting both revenue and profit goals.
You will manage the Branch personnel, leading a team of Administrative Staff, Project Managers, and Technicians. You will work closely with Human Resources to maintain appropriate staffing levels and skill sets, complete timely performance reviews, and document personnel related matters in accordance with Company policy. You will manage the technical training and certifications necessary to stay current with commitments to value added reseller programs and ensure branch staff are adequately trained to support the products and services we offer our clients.
Workplace safety is critical to ensure the health and productivity of the employees and reduce risks and costs to the Company. As Branch Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a culture of workplace safety, and effectively executing the safety program.
Each branch is an integral component of a multi-disciplinary team and you will collaborate with other division managers and department heads to provide turnkey solutions to our clients.
You will take pride in maintaining the office facilities and providing a functional and pleasant working environment. You will be responsible for the maintenance of Company vehicles, tools, and equipment and justifying, forecasting, and budgeting asset purchases.
Maintaining customer relationships and recognizing and acting on new opportunities is essential to revenue growth for the branch. You will identify and propose new products and services that add value for our Client’s and increase the Company’s sales opportunities and profits.
- Manage, recruit, grow, justify and expand your team; own the operational budget for this team; make decisions and be accountable.
- Be a mentor to your direct reports providing them with guidance and support to achieve their career path and leadership growth objectives.
- Effectively communicate the goals and direction of the Company to your team ensuring resource alignment with the Company’s vision.
- Develop and implement a curriculum for training to ensure the team maintains necessary knowledge and certifications.
- Advise on strategic initiatives
- Provide Guidance, Instruction, Direction and Leadership
- Accountable for Day-To-Day Operations of the Branch
- Coordinate all Branch Operations including the appropriate use of all Resources.
- Manage upkeep and condition of the Office, Tools, vehicles and all Equipment.
- Liaison with Clients, Suppliers and Industry Partners.
- Manage Costs and Overheads, and all factors affecting the Profitable Performance of the Branch:
- Project Progress
- Project P&L
- WIP Report Reviews
- Formulate Recommendations and Contribute to Company Strategy and policy making
- Manage Customer Service Activities and Staff Competence in these areas
- Ensure Corporate Standard Practices, Procedures and Policies are Communicated and Executed throughout the Branch
- Manage adherence to Corporate Safety and Employee Handbook Policies
- Provide overall Management Direction/Supervision for all Branch Staff, Operations Functions and Activities
- Keep Management Informed of Developments which may have Significant Impact on Operations or Projects
- Be Fully Aware of the Status of all Projects
- Communicate with Clients to ensure positive relationships and outcomes are maintained
- Ensure all Required Paperwork is Submitted to the Corporate Office on a Timely Basis – Accounting Invoices, Progress/Change Order Billing, Payroll Information etc.
- Evaluating Staff’s Work Performance, (Project Manager, Office Staff and Technicians) by Preparing bi-annual reviews
- Communication Responsibilities Include Resolving Conflicts, Motivating Employees and Preserving Client Relationships
- Disciplinary Actions such as: Verbal Warnings, Written Warnings and Terminations
- Monitor all Time Recording Reports
- Assist with development and provide Estimate and Proposal Reviews
- Vendor Interface
- Technical interface to vendors
- Stay current on technologies and trends
- Maintain vendors’ technical requirements for the Company’s reseller certifications and programs
- Sales & Customer Relationship Management
- Customer meetings
- SOW’s / Proposals
- Vendor Quotes
- Technical interface to customer
- Present new/emerging technologies to customer