Tool Room Attendant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Tool Crib / Tool Room Attendant for a full-service heat exchanger and sheet metal fabrication shop. The Tool Maintenance attendant is responsible for the maintenance and storage of tools throughout the facility. You will stock and organize the tool room, help other workers with a wide range of machines or tools set up and repair or replace electrical and mechanical parts on equipment. The job entails having tools and supplies organized and ready to use. Safe work practices are required to prevent electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical hazards. Monday to Friday 7 am to 3:30 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, store, and organize a variety of tools, equipment, and materials to support manufacturing.
- Manage broken tools and equipment, advising about the best solution such as repair or replacement
- Organize the tool room and submit order requests to maintain an adequate inventory
- Assist any production or maintenance worker with machine or tool set up or repair needs as needs arise
- Clean, inspect and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas throughout the facility to
- ensure readiness, availability, and compliance with good safety practices
- Follows hazardous and universal waste requirements for container type – closure – and labeling
- Coordinates with Shop Superintendent, General Shop Foreman, Maintenance Lead Person, and
- Duties performed require the ability to work with mechanical gears, to physically lift no more than fifty
- pounds, alternate between standing, walking and sitting.
- Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner (using the correct ventilation, respiratory protection, and eye
- protection), avoiding all unsafe practices, and abiding by hazardous waste requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience with tool repair or working with mechanical equipment
- Experience working in an industrial environment.
- Must read and write in the English language and have good oral communication ability
- Must be in good physical condition, be able to reach overhead, position self where equipment components can be accessed, climb ladders, and with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) work in a variety of conditions including those which are cold, hot, dirty, dusty, and noisy
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Growth opportunities
- Health Insurance (Kaiser)
- Weekly pay
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Coneybeare
Get fresh Tool Room Attendant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.