Network Engineer with Cisco
nder limited supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Responsible for maintaining networking applications and for monitoring of the LAN/WAN for alerts and anomalies. Responsible for evaluating current systems and assisting in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides complex network support for LAN/WAN wired and wireless infrastructure, including all network applications.
2. Provides input to management for network design, including all ancillary network systems, i.e. DNS, IP, monitoring solution etc. and procurement of network equipment and supplies.
3. Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance. Including all ancillary network systems, i.e. DNS, IP, monitoring.
4. Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
5. Acts as the primary interface with user and vendors for resolving problems.
6. Recognizes and identifies potential areas to develop or update policies and procedures, provides input and recommendations especially regarding future business expansion.
7. Provides recommendation to Network Supervisor in establish a growth plan for the network to insure the best quality service in a state-of-the-art environment. Assists the Network Supervisor in designing and managing the enterprise network including wide area and local area networks.
8. Uses Helpdesk Call Tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and well detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination/resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issue.
9. Analyzes network traffic patterns to resolve connectivity issues. Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
10. Leads in the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking systems including but not limited to LAN/MAN/WAN, security, wireless, VOIP and video.
11. Review real time trending information, and contact Tiered support, when necessary.
12. Maintains regular contact with users and supervisor/manager regarding status of open or pending service calls.
Education and Experience
1. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline and or the equivalent related professional experience.
2. Eight years of experience in LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications. Experience in problem diagnosis and resolution, configuring and maintaining application control engines is required. Some experience providing a secure networking environment (both wired and wireless) is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Expert knowledge of network design and configuration, technology concepts and methodologies of analysis. Expert knowledge with layer 2, layer 3, and layer 4 technologies, specifically having experience.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in one or more information technologies (routing, security, video, wireless, telephony). Demonstrated proficiency in multiple network operating systems.
3. Understands interrelationships of various computer systems.
4. Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
6. Ability to provide limited leadership role, to be a liaison between escalated support and the EUC team. Effective organization skills.
7. Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other team and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions. Excellent customer service skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
Growing company with significant opportunities
Conexus Staffing IncBel Air, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.