We are currently seeking a Shop Mechanic for a construction company located in Greenwood, SC. You will inspect, repair, and maintain heavy construction machinery in the repair shop, and occasionally travel to work sites in order to repair heavy equipment as needed.
- Consult equipment operating manuals, blueprints, and drawings
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating parts
- Diagnose and identify malfunctions, using computerized tools and equipment
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts, such as bearings, pistons, and gears
- Overhaul and test major components, such as engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems
- Disassemble and reassemble heavy equipment and components
- Travel to worksites to repair large construction equipment
- Maintain logs of equipment condition and work performed
Personal Qualifications Required
- Minimum three (3) or more years of equivalent and verifiable experience as a Mechanic with good references
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check are required of all candidates.
- Must have reliable transportation and flexibility to travel if needed.(Per Diem is provided when applicable.)
Please submit your resume/ work history.
Contact Taylor at 864-235-3619 x1214 for immediate consideration.
Apply at our office (M-F) between 8am and 4pm.
We are located at 51 Concourse Way Greer, SC 29650.
To apply in the Greenwood area, please visit the Goodwill Job Connection at 1306 Montague Ave Ext. Greenwood, SC 29649.