Help Desk Support Specialist
- Expired: November 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Concordia University is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University is seeking applicants for the full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position of Help Desk Support Specialist in the IT Department. This position is responsible for computer, software, and educational technologies support for Faculty, Staff and Students at Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW) and Ann Arbor (CUAA). The designated schedule will be 2nd shift from 1:30pm-10:00pm Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Senior Director of Computing Operations and is located in Mequon, WI.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure timely resolution of technology support needs for faculty, staff, and students
- Provide 1st level computer support, online learning technical support
- Respond to servers being down in a timely manner
- Collaborate with counterparts to cross train support staff for better support to the Concordia community as well as provide support for university common systems
- Collaborate with instructional designers assisting with media support and other various remote learning technology
- Track support issues electronically, monitor for patterns, and provide support trends.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems
- Identify, schedule, and train student workers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organization skills are required
- Commitment to best practice customer support practices
- Technical knowledge and experience with various operating systems, hardware, and software
- Familiarity with common web-based technologies and troubleshooting web-based applications
- Broad understanding of integration of technology into an academic curriculum and 21st century learning
- Commitment to continual personal growth related to current and emerging learning technologies, as well as best practices in helpdesk support and customer service
- Able to effectively manage projects that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organize work, and meet deadlines in a busy office setting
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate ingenuity and prompt action in resolving problems, and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to effectively manage diverse and multiple projects at the same time and has excellent time management skills
- Able to deal with interruptions and work in a fast paced, office environment
- Able to work scheduled days or evenings
- Supportive of the mission and values of Concordia University Wisconsin/Ann Arbor and the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS)
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the University mission and core values
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study preferred
- Experience with IT helpdesk support preferred
- Experience with Microsoft OS and Tools
- Experience in higher education support preferred
- Experience with LMS systems preferred (Blackboard and/or Destiny)
Physical Demands/Equipment (Click to View)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff position. The starting wage is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University benefit options include, but are not limited to the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition waiver benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
To receive full consideration, all applicants are asked to complete and submit an online employment application through the Concordia University Employment page. To begin, please click the Apply Now section on the job page and then click the Apply For This Position button to begin the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.
Concordia University Wisconsin/Ann Arbor
TechnologyView all jobs at Concordia University Wisconsin/Ann Arbor