Administrative Assistant - Arts
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, non-exempt position of Administrative Assistant - Arts. This position is responsible for coordinating Arts Division operations and events, with primary responsibilities in the Music program and secondary responsibilities with Theater and Art.
This position reports directly to the chair of the Arts Division within the College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, and is located in River Forest, IL.
- Coordinates Arts Division operations and events and attends as needed
- Maintains the overall administration and general office duties within the Division
- Assists in the supervision of 1-3 student workers in the Music department
- Facilitates program events related to student-focused recitals and performances throughout the academic year
- Assists with administrative work with adjunct faculty, including studio scheduling, juries, and orientation
- Assist with arts recruitment strategies, including monitoring departmental email communication with students and facilitating auditions
- Performs various office duties, including preparing requisitions, maintaining student files, renting and maintaining instruments, and preparing the annual music accreditation report
- Candidates must support and be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS)
- An exhibited service mentality toward all stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly, work effectively under pressure, and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to type at an intermediate level in order to take and transcribe minutes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential matters
- Strong administrative skills, including related computer and technology skills
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
Minimum Experience Required:
A minimum of 1 year of administrative assistant, office support, or related experience is required.
A high school diploma/GED is required; Bachelor's degree in administration, communication, or related discipline is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan (Basic Life Insurance)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
Concordia University, ChicagoChicago, IL
Get fresh Administrative Assistant - Arts jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.