Manhattan based Real Estate Developer /Manager is seeking a proactive HR Manager.
Summary of Position:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for maintaining a Human Resources ("HR") Department responsive to all employees HR needs, both non-union and union(32BJ). Areas of responsibility include: managing payroll, leave and benefits administration, coordinating on-boarding and off-boarding of employees, maintaining union benefits, staffing, training, maintaining all HR records and documents and all other related human resources processes. This individual must provide human resources leadership, vision, inspiration and direction to achieve mutual identified goals. Our HR Representative will be responsible for escalating employee issues as appropriate and necessary in order to minimize risk to the organization and achieve a lasting resolution to issues that arise in the workplace.
- Benefit plans administration, including enrollments and terminations, as well as plan selection and open enrollment.
- Manage ADP payroll system and payroll processing. Ensure data in the system is accurate and complete.
- Identify/raise employee issues with management, as appropriate, to mitigate risk and speed resolution.
- Workers comp and disability claims administration - administer claims and manage reporting.
- Manage leaves of absence to ensure accurate tracking is maintained and employees' leave rights are respected.
- Develop reports as requested by management as well as government reports related to EEO compliance.
- Conduct orientation for all incoming employees. Manage recruitment process, including posting and screening of resumes.
- Act as a liaison to employees for HR questions and information.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and programs to promote and maintain a high level of productivity, employee stability and employee/management relationships.
- Ensure staff is provided with proper job resources, such as company handbook and job descriptions and act as resource for employees to ensure their understanding and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist senior managers to provide appropriate training programs for employees. Provide strategic direction and coaching on all HR matters to senior leaders and managers.
- Responsible for handling all allegations of inappropriate conduct through resolution.
- Insure compliance with all federal, state and local law as they relate to HR matters.
- Projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or human resources management required. Masters or JD preferred.
- Experience with ADP reporting software.
- Reporting skills using Microsoft Office.
- Related skills: dependability, organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to work independently, but comfortable working as part of a team.
- Comp DOE
Salary: $110,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year