We are currently looking for a Temporary Commercial Leasing Assistant for our client, a Property Management firm conveniently located in the Bronx. This position reports directly to the VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations. In this role, your primary responsibility will be assisting the VP on assignments pertaining to new and renewal lease processing and follow-up. In addition, you will be assisting with their marketing efforts, working on special projects, and providing other necessary support as requested. We are looking for someone with previous Commercial Leasing Experience who is proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with online research and email marketing. Hours: 9-6; This is a long-term temporary assignment; Pay Rate: DOE; email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
§ Handle property inquiries, show, or arrange to show, space to potential tenants, and negotiate floor layout, work-order, rent and other lease document issues (with guidance from VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations and VP Property Management and Construction, as needed).
§ Assist the VP on assignments of leases and early surrenders.
§ Assist the VP in the management of broker relations and broker commission agreements and in communicating with exclusive brokers regarding leasing activity and marketing strategy.
§ Coordinate new and renewal leases, using the Legal Department as needed.
§ Assist the VP in developing marketing packages, mailers, brochures, floor plans and other materials needed to aggressively promote space.
§ Collect market information from brokers and from visits/calls to competitive properties and develop/maintain a database with market information.
§ Analyze existing tenant’s lease deal and work with VP to propose terms for renewal letter and negotiate renewal terms.
§ Present bi-weekly leasing status reports and other leasing reports, as required.
§ Orchestrate and attend Broker Open Houses, as needed.
§ Assure that “For Lease” signs are erected 6 months in advance of vacancies.
- Represent ownership externally at events with real estate professionals, etc.
- Assist VP to gather market information and determine market rents for available space.
- Assist VP in conducting targeted market studies for available spaces 12 months before tenant renewal date or unanticipated vacancy.
- Other Duties
- This job description may not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- BA/BS degree in management, real estate, or related field
- 1-3 years of real estate work experience
- Knowledge of the office, retail, and industrial markets a plus. Local knowledge of Bronx, and Westchester counties is a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate skills
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to prioritize, organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-moving, demanding, and dynamic environment