Performs functions to plan, execute, and manage the marketing, financial, administrative operations, and physical assets of an apartment community. Performs duties to assist supervisor in the operation of assigned property. This involves the processing of new leases, lease renewals, recertifications, accounting, reporting, resident services, retention activity, and achievement of financial goals, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Interview and recommend hiring of office, leasing and maintenance staff. Create staffing schedules to coincide with anticipated work requirements. Monitor work quality to ensure it adheres to standards established by Concord. Counsel and coach team members, appraise their performance, and develop effective, efficient, and harmonious teams.
- Responsible for all aspects of leasing and marketing to local businesses and prospective residents. This includes the completion of marketing logs and other required marketing reporting.
- Conduct move in orientation with residents, and successfully renew leases for current residents in a timely manner and at the correct rate.
- Generate and review a wide range of reports to track and resolve outstanding issues relating to rent payments, rent or sewer/water delinquencies, expired leases, past due recertifications, outstanding service requests, scheduled move-ins and move-outs, compliance, maintenance status of vacant apartment homes, and operational issues. Check and respond to voice mails and emails concerning any range of community issues.
- Ensure that rent payments received on-site are promptly processed, avoiding credit adjustments. Address resident-related damages and policy violations so that proper communications occur with resident and that applicable fines and damage fees are collected.
- Work with supervisor and support departments to adhere to financial budgets and projections related to revenues and operating expenses. Set occupancy goals, propose rent and security deposit increases when market bears, work with the PHA team and VRD to identify strategies to increase PHA voucher holders and recommend capital improvements for each assigned community.
- Create purchase orders and verify goods are received by performing received function in the system.
- Respond to resident inquiries associated with community issues. Investigate, resolve, and follow up with residents to ensure satisfaction of concerns.
- Ensure that property maintains consistently appealing appearance. Routinely walk the property to determine, communicate and monitor items requiringattention. Monitor maintenance activity to ensure that units are ready for occupancy in keeping with schedules and inventory requirements. Work with Service Manager and Regional Maintenance team to implement maintenance programs, including quarterly preventative maintenance, to maintain the value of property assets.
- Inspect apartment homes upon vacancy to determine compliance with requirements for deposit refunds or charges to be assessed for damage or condition of unit, or for early lease termination. Document inspection results and submit deposit disposition for processing.
- Assist to implement and execute resident activities including Monster Club, parties, training programs, and required resident service functions.
- Represent the organization to residents, prospective residents, staff, and the community and practice exceptional service to prospects and residents. Ensure that residents' concerns and service requirements are resolved with urgency, quality, and service consistent with policy and performance expectation.
- Complete Accounting Month End and Procure to Pay checklist, other required checklists, and other administrative work for the community to include uploading documents to the Document Center.
General knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) requirements and Section 8 rent subsidies. Thorough knowledge of property management, Yardi Voyager software and basic accounting principles. Education which is equivalent to two years of college or industry certification courses. Internal candidates must be up to date with required training, to include attending LEAD program courses. Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in property management, with property leasing and resident services required.
- Concord Management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem resolution work experience.
- Exceptional customer service work history.