Innovative, fast growing organization seeking Home Health Clinical Manager/nurse manager providing clinical management and oversight to clinical team and quality assurance to documentation.
The Clinical manager is responsible for the direction of clinical activities. The manager provides leadership and nursing services to patients and works with the health care team to coordinate with the medical providers to provide superior health care services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and coordinates the provision of quality home care services to patients from admission to discharge.Identifies appropriate resources to provide education to the patients, their families and staff members
- Assists in the administrative efficiencies through the medical service areas
- Exercises frequent independent judgement in monitoring the day-to-day operation of the sites with minimal administrative assistance/supervision
- Participates with the physician, referral sources, Clinical/Branch Director and professional staff in decisions regarding patient eligibility and suitability for home care services.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the patient's plan of care. Assesses the patient's continual care needs.
- Works cooperatively with the Director on staffing, referral sources, physician and client concerns/needs.
- Assists with and coordinates training of appropriate staff and conducts performance evaluations of team to ensure quality care, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Coordinates daily case/team conferences and promotes communication of information relevant to the patient care process to ensure quality of care and coordination of services.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to improve quality and continuity of patient care
- Applies knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements to ensure compliance and quality standards for the patients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education/Training Level: Graduate of an accredited school of college of nursing
- At least five (5) years nursing experience. One or more years in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of performance improvement and coding
- License and Certifications - State of Florida Licensed Registered Nurse
- Communication Skills - Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Electronic Health Record for audit purposes, error correction, training and reporting.
- Health & Voluntary Benefits
- PTO Accrual
- 401k option