Clean all commercial and associated areas, of the hotel property. These areas are defined as guest rooms, lobbies, break rooms, associate break rooms, laundry rooms, storage rooms, and front desk areas. The Housekeeper is expected to maintain these areas in a "like new" condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Performs deep cleaning of the guest rooms as assigned by supervisor.
- Makes beds.
- Collects soiled linens, launders, and folds.
- Replenishes guest supplies such as toiletries and linens.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Performs work in a safe manner and actively encourages others to comply with safety rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, art individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including Hotel Standards of: Cleaning a minimum of two (2) “Vacant Dirty” rooms per hour; Cleaning of “Stay-Over/Occupied-Dirty” rooms, within 18-minutes; the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals. Good written and oral communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended lengths of time; walk long distances; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Able to perform washing and folding of laundry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.