Position: Sr. Tissue Culture Technician
Description: This position is focused on the production of plant tissue culture; maintaining and subculture healthy plant tissue culture material to provide healthy shoots for acclimation and to support R&D lab. Strong communication skills are required.
- Perform sterile techniques in aseptic environment.
- Prepare plant tissue culture media and sterile tools.
- Perform routine subculturing.
- Maintain TC media inventory, tracking media sterilization.
- Record and Maintain inventory of strains; media; chemicals as guided in SOPs. Inform lead when need supplies ahead of time.
- Perform other laboratory tasks as assigned.
- Ability to follow SOPs, compliance and safety guidelines and complete tasks without supervision after training.
- Open and consistent communication with team lead.
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Horticulture; Plant science or related field.
- Experience in preparing plant tissue culture media and sterilization process.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in the plant science field including course works in plant tissue culture
Compensation: $19.13/hour; DOE Full benefits package.
Conception Nurseries - was founded in 2018 and is bringing tissue culture technology, a crucial component of industrial-scale agriculture, to the cannabis industry. With tissue culture "micropropagation", Conception produces plantlets that are free of pathogens and have exceptional vigor, at a cost-per-plant below producers' in-house costs.
Meet with Hiring Managers on October 9th! (Dress for Success)
Wednesday, October 9th
9:30am – 12:30pm
Holiday Inn Downtown
300 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking: $5 Flat Rate