Position Title: Sr. Tissue Culture Technician
Description: This position is focused on the production of plant tissue culture; maintaining and subculture healthy plant tissue culture material to provide healthy shoots for acclimation and to support R&D lab. Strong communication skills are required.
- Perform sterile techniques in aseptic environment.
- Prepare plant tissue culture media and sterile tools.
- Perform routine subculturing.
- Maintain TC media inventory, tracking media sterilization.
- Record and Maintain inventory of strains; media; chemicals as guided in SOPs. Inform lead when need supplies ahead of time.
- Perform other laboratory tasks as assigned.
- Ability to follow SOPs, compliance and safety guidelines and complete tasks without supervision after training.
- Open and consistent communication with team lead.
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Horticulture; Plant science or related field.
- Experience in preparing plant tissue culture media and sterilization process.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in the plant science field including course works in plant tissue culture
Compensation: $19.13/hour; DOE Full benefits package.
Conception Nurseries was founded in 2018 and is bringing tissue culture technology, a crucial component of industrial-scale agriculture, to the cannabis industry. With tissue culture "micropropagation", Conception produces plantlets that are free of pathogens and have exceptional vigor, at a cost-per-plant below producers' in-house costs.
Meet with Hiring Managers on December 12th! (Dress for Success)
Thursday, December 12th
9:30am – 12:30pm
Embassy Suites Hotel
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
Parking: $1.50/per half hour
Thank you for your interest in this online ad. By applying and submitting your resume to this opportunity, you are agreeing to opt in and receive emails, phone calls and text messages regarding job opportunities in your area. "I agree to receive reoccurring text msgs. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help, msg&data rates may apply."