Sr Microwave Communications Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
CS currently has an opening for a SATCOM/Microwave and RF Communications Engineer. This position is part of a team of Emergency Communications professionals supporting the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Command, Control, and Communications (C3) office which is responsible for ensuring emergency operations are maintained. If disruptions, such as national emergencies, natural disasters, or equipment malfunctions occur, the C3 office is chartered with restoring the communication services expeditiously. This is an Emergency Essential Position – May be Required to respond to outages on short or no notice basis; supporting disaster response operations. Specific responsibilities of the Communications Systems Engineer include:
- Responsible for coordinating work with the C3 Microwave Network Program Manager
- Plans, engineers, coordinates, operates, and maintains RF equipment on the microwave network.
- Assists with installation of new equipment
- Responsive to customer requirements throughout the Network
- Assists FAA Program Manager to coordinate with partner agencies for site access for contract personnel, contractor support persons, engineering, installation, and troubleshooting of C3 equipment.
- Plans and replies to requests for outages with C3 Team members and IT personnel
- Proactively maintains the health of the microwave network by monitoring for issues
- Generates daily report to track existing issues, status of repairs, and general condition of the network
- Troubleshoots the microwave network as necessary, and coordinate troubleshooting efforts for issues not directly related to the microwave RF equipment
- Operates related RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc
- Meets with vendors for testing and evaluating of vendors’ products.
- Supports new deployments in our client’s network and installation of required new equipment to existing network
- Makes recommendations to management for network improvements
- Dispatches to microwave site locations in the local area to maintain, repair, and/or replace equipment as needed
- Responsible for coordinating work with the C3 HF Network Program Manager
- Plans, engineers, operates, and maintains RF equipment on the HF network
- Responsive to customer requirements throughout the network
- Proactive in maintaining the health of the HF network by monitoring for issues
- Generate daily report to track existing issues, status of repairs, and general condition of the network
- Support installation of required new equipment to existing network
- RF experience that can readily be expanded into HF capabilities
- Microwave experience; or SATCOM experience that can readily be translated into microwave capabilities
- Ability to tune, test microwave circuits, filters, amplifiers, detectors, mixers, controlled devices
- Knowledge of Codan HF equipment
- Experience with Aviat Microwave Radio Systems
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools
- VHF & SATCOM communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Member of Communications Support Team (CST). This is an emergency response team that responds to communications disruptions resulting from natural or manmade disasters. The team reestablishes communications with FAA HQ to ensure operational continuity
- CST members deploy at the Government’s request. Locations will most likely be CONUS. Deployment schedule details are worked out among team members to ensure the deployment does not create an undue burden on any one member.
- Willing to get a Class B Commercial Driver’s License
Top Secret/SCI Clearance. US citizenship is required.
Education or Certification Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, OR a related field from an accredited college or university and 15 years of relevant experience.
· An additional 8 years of experience can replace the degree requirement.
TechnologyView all jobs at Concept Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?