The Concentric Company is a leading provider of DC power and equipment maintenance solutions to warehouse and manufacturing customers. Our custom, engineered power systems and maintenance solutions minimize costly downtime through forklift power solutions, mission critical backup power and on-site forklift and allied equipment maintenance. Our mission is to eliminate interruption in our customers operations and allow them to focus on running their business.
The Reserve Power Service Technician is responsible for providing competent, high-quality installation and assembly of equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, DC cabling, BDFB’s and associated infrastructure to the Telecom DC Power Marketplace.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide the experience to perform Telecom Battery and DC Power System installation and removal of 24/48 volt systems.
- Installation of cable, wiring and telecommunications equipment in wireless shelters, Central Offices and other Telecom facilities.
- Troubleshoot DC Power System within Battery Cabinets, Remote Huts and Central Office (CO) customers.
- Be capable of performing and Supervise Site Installation Teams for Telecom Central Office, Remote Hut and Cabinet location for our Telecom Account.
- Able to review MOPs (Method of Procedure) and Scope of Work specifications. Installers should be familiar with and/or trained with iron work/bays/equipment rack installation and blueprint/schematic reading.
- Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel.
- Assist other technicians on large scale projects.
- Complete in a timely manner all work orders, expense reports, PM worksheets and any documentation as requested.
- Manage with great care all company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools and test equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Take ownership of all company assets, including but not limited to vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Complete all service orders, PM worksheets, time cards, expense reports and any documentation as required, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
At Concentric* we believe that Our People are what make us great and help us deliver exceptional customer service! We offer industry leading Benefits** to include:
- Highly Competitive Base Salary or Hourly Wage
- Benefits that are effective your first day of employment!
- Choice of 3 Major Medical Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Premiums for Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Employee Short Term Disability coverage
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, and Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, and Dependent Accident and Critical Illness Plans
- 401(k) with match
- Paid Time Off for Personal, Sick, or Vacation
- FT Employees receive 128 Hours of PTO Annually on January 1st***. Increasing amounts of PTO at 3, 7, 12, and 18 years of service.
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- Boot Allowance and Uniforms for Technicians
- On-call/Emergency Call Pay for Technicians
*Formerly ABT Power Management and NMS (National Maintenance Services).
**The benefits listed are subject to change at any time. Please speak with an HR Representative for details. The information listed is intended for informational purposes only. The plan documents, insurance certificates and policies will serve as the governing documents to determine plan eligibility, benefits and payments. In the case of conflict between the information listed and the official plan documents, the plan documents will always govern.
***Prorated when hired after January 1st, available after 60 days of employment, unless required by state law.
- 3+ year’s DC Power Industry experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Able and willing to travel out of town to customer sites.
- Able to travel for a week at a time
- Able to work day mostly or night occasionally
- Must be able to do overnight travel.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. A 2 or 4 year college degree preferred but not required.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer knowledge.
- Organize own work and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs.
- Clearly articulate ideas (both written and verbal) to both internal and external customers and listen well to customer needs.
- Develop and maintain strong workplace relationships with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Highly independent with strong work ethic.
- Team player, with a positive mental attitude.
- Organized and focused on customer satisfaction.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand up to 8 hours; use hands to type, maneuver, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily in an assigned facility where work conditions may include extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The Concentric Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.