Concentric Methods Nellis Air Force Base, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Cape Fox Shared Service and Concentric Methods is seeking a Physician Assistant (Base Operations Medicine Clinic) to work full time providing care to our deserving Air Force at Nellis AFB, NV
The Physician Assistant promotes and maintains health by providing medical services.
Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
Will perform occupational health exams and military retirement or separations physicals as operationally needed.
Will perform mental health assessments as part of military periodic health assessments (PHAs).
Will perform deployment health assessments when operationally needed.
May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients at Operational Medicine Clinics (Nellis or Creech). As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy an d Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
All employees must adhere to the Cape Fox Corporation Ethics and Compliance policy and promote a culture that is conducive to Ethical conduct and compliance. Any suspicious activity or behavior must be reported to a manager, Ethics Officer of Cape Fox Corporation or Ethics Hotline: https://capefoxcorp.alertline.com.
- must have three years of experience in the clinical setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current hands on Provider Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS or ALS, and PALS, and NRP is required from a nationally accredited agency (such as American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant as required in the TO.
- Documentation of completion of tuberculosis screening
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Sit or Stand throughout a regular work day.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with minimal oversight.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
AddressNellis Air Force Base, NV
HealthcareView all jobs at Concentric Methods