Functions as an ambassador of the practice by serving as a liaison to patients, and all staff who interact with the department/division. Provides superior customer service. Must possess a good understanding of the unique characteristics and operations of the department/division in order to proficiently support the practice. Principal functions include performing secretarial duties, utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology, hospital/clinic, and laboratory procedures. Duties include scheduling appointments, clinical patient care, and billing, compiling, documents pertinent to patent care electronically in medical record.
- Ability to type 25 WPM with demonstrated working computer knowledge.
- Reports to work regularly without undue tardiness.
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism.
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written & telephone communication skills, along with tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service orientation.
- Prioritizes work activities and receives and assumes multiple job duties.
- Maintains effective working relationships with physicians, administration, staff members, and hospital personnel.
- Follows policy and procedures.
- Familiar with keeping calendars and schedules.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, ICD9, CPT coding.
- High school or G.E.D.
- Two years experience in an administrative capacity in a specialty practice or hospital setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office systems, Centricity or other EMR system.
- Insurance verification experience.