We are currently in need of Medical Assistants who are interested in full time temp to hire work opportunities in a fast paced environment. The job will be based in Mesa, with driving required to other East Valley locations. You must be comfortable driving a larger vehicle the size of a small U-Haul truck. We are looking to hire as soon as possible!
- Performs general nursing care to homeless population by following established standards and procedures.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients'' charts.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares examination rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Documents patient care plans, charts, tests and examination results in the medical record.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures, explains process and positions patients to capture images requested by physician.
- Escalates non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
- Required - Completion of a Medical Assistant program that includes a clinical externship
- Required - At least one year of paid experience as a Medical Assistant, currently or ending within the past 6 months
- Required - Clean driving record
- Required - Bilingual English/Spanish