- Bachelor's Degree in Social Services and 1 year of experience with adolescents or in the youth services field
- 21 years of age
- Job Description: Summary: Provides clinical information and education for inbound calls and outbound calls triage behavioral health crisis calls. Uses established protocols and independent professional judgment. Documents assessment, plans, interventions and results.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and triage behavioral health need Document calls and actions using standard computer software application. Provide resource and education to non-licensed behavioral health staff Schedule and make follow up calls to provide care facilitation.
- Promote recovery concepts and inspire hope Work with other internal and external agency personnel to meet callers' needs.
- Provide professional assessments, interventions within scope of relevant license.
- Provide information and behavioral health education to callers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of Behavioral Health experience in crisis interventions, case management, behavioral interventions, therapy, assessment and intake, or related area.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft office and/or data entry systems.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong abilities in data entry, typing, call documentation and customer service skills including active listening. Experience in telephonic counseling and/or managed care setting preferred.
Must have one of the following: Licensed Professional Counselor; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Licensed Psychologist; Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor, Licensed Associate Counselor; Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor; Licensed Masters Social Worker; Registered Nurse