Concentra, a subsidiary of Select Medical, is a national health care company focused on improving America's health, one patient at a time. Through our affiliated clinicians, we provide occupational medicine, urgent care, primary care, physical therapy, and wellness services. Concentra also serves employers by providing a broad range of onsite health services in worksite medical facilities.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Working in coordination with the other members of the Care Team and under direction of the Center Medical Director (CMD) or a designated supervising physician, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant drives execution of the service line playbook, inspires colleague accountability to provide superb patient and employer experience, and is responsible for the assigned clinic's day-to-day medical functions. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant contributes to the success of Concentra's business strategy by providing leadership and a deep subject matter expertise as appropriate, executing strategy, driving for exceptional results, inspiring clinical staff, and helping shape the company's future. The scope of work includes occupational health, urgent care and primary care, including preventive care, chronic condition management, health counseling and annual wellness exams.
As a Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant, you will:
Patient Care/Customer Experience/Quality
- Delivers direct patient care daily, and ensures integrity of all clinical procedures documentation and the maintenance of up-to-date protocols, including risk management.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Consults with supervising clinician and medical directors as appropriate for care management.
- Creates an appropriate treatment environment and ensures documentation and billing are clear, relevant, accurate, thorough and completed prior to the end of shift.
- Assists in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice judgment and quality of health care.
- Assists in the development and presentation of education and instructional programs.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates the quality of care for patients.
- Demonstrates and utilizes the highest standards of medical ethics at all times.
- Ensures the delivery of timely, effective care management, optimizing respective clinical focus and initiatives
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed, with a focus on clinical guidelines.
- Utilizes Evidence-Based Medicine with a focus on early intervention and patient empowerment/responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations and with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identifies clinical improvement opportunities and works with clinical leadership to improve.
- Fosters a "Community of Practice" through peer-based learning and interaction with clinical colleagues.
- Consistently recognizes individual and team performance and encourages progression.
- Motivates and inspires associates to higher levels of engagement, productivity and personal achievement.
- Provides regular, timely guidance/feedback to encourage developmental opportunities for colleagues
- Tells the company's "story" and inspires extraordinary results by engaging others, leading change, valuing diversity, and shaping the culture to support a high-performance environment.
- Builds Trust: walks the talk; makes choices that are consistent with Concentra's ethical principles; is emotionally intelligent; manages self and relationships effectively, through self-awareness, self-management, awareness of others and skill in dealing with others.
Client Engagement / Participant Engag