The ideal candidate will perform under general supervision a variety of routine and non-routine clerical duties to support the Central Business Office. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorts correspondence for distribution and acts on correspondences and explanation of review statements that do not require collection activity.
- Answers incoming customer service calls, answers questions and routes calls to the appropriate department.
- Reviews Explanation of Review Statements (EORs) to post in system and identifies trends that impact reimbursement.
- Responds to requests for all internal forms, requests updates to service packages and accounts.
- Assists Account Receivable Representatives by performing various clerical tasks, as needed.
- Supports Account Receivable Representatives and other departments as allowed by Sarbanes Oxley guidelines.
- Assists internal and external customers when answering the customer service lines.
Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Medical background with 1-2 years experience or internship in medical office
- Experience with a multi location practice
- CPT/ICD-9/HCPC knowledge
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pad by touch
- Ability to work under tight time schedules
- Strong customer service, telephone and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to assist peers
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to multitask and resolve problems and issues
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of under 15 lbs.