Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Under the supervision of the QA Manager or Designee, be responsible for running both routine and non-routine tests on in-process samples, finished product, ingredients, and environmental program to determine the quality and acceptability of each material. Responsible for storing and evaluating samples in compliance with the sample retain program. Responsible for maintaining appropriate records of analyses and informing supervisory and production personnel of any non- conforming product, in processing material and ingredients.
- Backup for Quality Tech III.
- Release/Hold finished product and raw materials in a timely manner when needed.
- Setup daily sensory when needed.
- Attend meetings when needed.
- Perform routine and non-routine tests on in-process samples, finished product, ingredients and environmental program.
- Perform special tests and projects related to the operation as required.
- Perform assigned monthly audits.
- Able to train with understanding and knowledge.
- Maintain raw material COA log.
- Maintain hazardous waste log.
- Use, maintain, troubleshoot, and do minor repairs on standard laboratory apparatus for performing routine and non-routine analyses.
- Input data into computer for maintaining a permanent record of all finished analyses, out-of-specification report, and end of the month report.
- Compare test results with current specifications and advises supervisory and production personnel of problems and/or out-of-code situations. Make recommendations as to cause and resolution of problem.
- Evaluate results and independently ensure accuracy before alerting supervisory and production personnel.
- Work with production on solution to problems, including audit of quality performance by operators.
- Follow inventory of necessary chemicals and equipment, make out orders for timely replacement or repair.
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping in the laboratory work area.
- Prepare standard solutions for running routine and non-routine tests.
- Perform related analyses and assignments as required.
- Must be flexible with schedule with short notice-May be required to work all days of the week and/or all hours of the day. Overtime may be required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.