Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Conagra Brands is looking for Production Technicians to staff its Armour plant in Ft. Madison, Iowa! The Vienna Sausage capital of the world is looking for candidates that have a strong work ethic, possess strong technical skills with a solid mechanical aptitude, capable of making equipment adjustments based on sound decisions and have the desire to work in a team-based environment.
What you will do:
- Make the best quality food by learning, using and maintaining the highest food safety standards possible.
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of processing and packaging equipment
- Work with a safety-first mindset to keep yourself and others safe.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform sanitation procedures in order to conduct periodic facility sanitation requirements
- Be responsible for executing all required quality processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal or written form
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules
- Ability to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Repetitive arm and hand motions during working shift
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift
- Able to lift 40 pounds consistently
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.