Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Conagra Brands Waterloo, IA location is currently seeking an Operator Intern. This internship opportunity will work part-time around class schedule during the school year with the potential for full time hours during breaks and summer. This position will be assigned to a scheduled crew and will work a rotating 2-2-3 work schedule. Full time crews work 7 AM to 7:30 PM or 7 PM to 7:30 AM.
The Operator Intern is responsible for safely and efficiently operating the packaging system involved in the manufacture of pudding products.
- Obtains supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
- Checks the production schedule for up-coming products and loads packaging materials and supplies onto equipment as required.
- Performs change-over of packaging materials from one SKU to another.
- Prepares and stages materials for upcoming product runs.
- Clears jams from packaging equipment.
- Cleans equipment including the use of air hoses.
- Performs housekeeping tasks and maintains 5S standards in work areas.
- Performs machine start up and shut down procedures.
- Cleans, inspects and lubricates production equipment.
- Performs sanitation of the equipment as well as environmental cleaning of the Packaging and Palletizing areas of the plant.
- Performs job in a manner that reduces yield losses.
- Accurately completes usage documents related to packaging area.
- Fills cup and case coders with ink and solvents.
- Performs hand stacking of cases as needed.
- Assists other crew members with basic maintenance tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a 2 year Industrial or Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Training/education in areas of power distribution, basic pneumatics, drives, servos, basic hydraulics, blue print reading and PLC controls.
- Understand technical vendor manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Knowledge of instrumentation (temperature, pressure, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- PC based computer literacy
Work Environment Requirements:
- Position works in a manufacturing environment with varying conditions.
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing facilities, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.