Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Machine Operator is responsible for working safely and efficiently to set up, operate, troubleshoot and maintain all machinery on the production floor while ensuring all finished product meets food safety and quality requirements.
Machine Operator Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-inspect work station(s) to ensure all equipment is in safe working condition
- Perform hourly checks, consistently and timely
- Order and receive materials
- Perform safety and quality checks as needed
- Perform pre/post sanitation tasks to clean and sanitize all production equipment as necessary
- Effectively and safely operate, perform preventative maintenance, and perform corrective maintenance to meet or exceed planned performance measures
- Control, maintain and repair equipment throughout the plant
- Assist with maintenance related improvement projects as needed
- Complete proper paperwork for maintenance work orders
- Train, assist and lead employees (new and current) for development in required operational
Machine Operator Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A background in food manufacturing or general manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal and written form
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules using English
- Basic Math skills required; fraction, decimal, ratio, division, multiplication calculations. Use of calculator and ability to take and record measurements is required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple to complex instructions. Ability to deal with variable situations with occasional or frequent variables.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.