Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This is a remote field position based out of a home office.
Sells to a major direct headquarters account, or multi-unit key accounts and brokers. Maximizes sales by implementing advanced business planning, forecasting, analytical and category management expertise. Builds relationships with account personnel including top management, merchandising, accounting, advertising, operations, logistics and finance. Collaborates with internal sales and marketing teams to achieve sales objectives. Develops and manages sales plans and ensures equitable disposition of customer problems. Prepares sales and financial reporting. May act as the quality liaison between producer and customer. Accounts are typically sophisticated in terms of category management and complexity. May be assigned to special markets/complex product lines that require significant client relationship skills.
Drive sales results while providing best in class customer service
- Negotiate slotting and terms of trade activity with customer
- Create & present business reviews
- Gain customer approval for in-store activation (IRC, Tear Pads, Signs, etc.)
- Create/maintain merchandising grid (Excel based )
- Address retail pricing issues with customer
- Manage routine cuts/supply issues with customer
- Secure order for DRUs/MODs from customer
- Communicate changes to Conagra policy, discontinued items, pricing actions, recalls/product quality issues to customer
- Handle customer/consumer complaints
Manage Conagra Brands product sales:
- Utilize product, category, customer, and consumer data to identify opportunities and prepare selling presentations.
- Manage new product launches
- Expand distribution of Conagra Brands products
- Manage multiple food groups – full Conagra portfolio
Business Planning/Financial accountability:
- Conduct sales analytics, using available insights to provide solutions to customer needs.
- Develop annual business plan and achieve top and bottom line financial goals
- Align customer strategies with Conagra Brands strategic plan to build a collaborative business plan
- Understand and execute marketing plan sales material
- Monitor trade activity execution
- Complete ongoing general business analytics and evaluate risks, opportunities & threats
- Evaluate customer specific reports and standardized IRI reports
- Monitor daily cut reports and take action where necessary
Relationship Management within internal matrix organization
- Work in conjunction with retail effectiveness to communicate sales priorities (new items/UPC changes/POGs) with retail broker partner
- Communicate to other sales personnel and functions within Conagra Brands as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, marketing (or related field or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 1+ years in broker or sales analyst role with a minimum three years industry related experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen: business analytics skills, customer P & L agility, ability to plan, track and evaluate trade management
- Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from the systems previously mentioned
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data entry
- Understanding of the total business process and procedures
- Ability to manage trade spending
- Demonstrates sales competencies consistently and effectively
- Strong technical, report running and analytical abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to work within a matrix organization. Works with multiple Account Managers/Sales Directors to discuss and prioritize work initiatives
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.