Gardein is seeking talented people to help grow our brand in Canada. The ideal candidate possesses a team mentality, strong work ethic, interested in self-growth and development, bias for action, and a commitment to quality.
The Production Associate plays a key role in achieving Gardein's objectives by safely carrying out packaging, line inspecting, and other production related duties. A Production Associate is required to assist the Lead Hand and Assistant Lead Hand with the set up and changeover of the packaging machines. A Production Associate is responsible for following a schedule and ensuring products and packaging meet Company standards while minimizing waste. The Production Associate reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Assisting with set up and changeover of packaging machines and inputting information into equipment
- Following a schedule and ensuring products are packaged within allotted time
- Retrieving raw materials from cooler and adding product and packaging to machine
- Assembling, packing, and labeling boxes and loading onto a pallet; transferring full pallet to cooler using a pallet jack
- Ensuring quality of products and packaging meet Company standards by sending packaged food through a metal detector, confirming weight, performing line checks, and communicating with other departments and informing them of deficiencies
- Minimizing waste and maintaining a clean working environment
- Adhering to the Company’s safety policies and procedures, as well as those set out by WorkSafeBC, and abiding by food sanitation standards
- Working in other production areas as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Working in the forming room to assist with set up and changeover of equipment and ensuring quality of food meets Company standards by checking temperature, inspecting size and shape, arranging product as it goes through fryer, and communicating with other department
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in packaging and/or a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Proficient in math
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving
- Must be available for day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Hearing protection and protective shoes provided
- Cold environment
- Standing and walking for long period of time (approximately 8 hours a day)
- Frequently bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while transferring product
- Operating mobile equipment
- Maneuvering heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 25kg (approximately one to two hours a day) and using a pallet jack to push and pull pallets of up to 400kg (up to 9 times a day)
- Exposure to some job related hazards, including but not limited to: hot oil, moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery, forklifts, slippery floors, climbing ladders and stairs, and heavy objects
Gardein is a manufacturer located in Richmond British Columbia producing highest-quality plant-based meatless foods free of any animal or dairy ingredients, made from a slow cooked blend of vegetables, grains and garden grown proteins.
Gardein is part of Conagra Brands/Conagra Foods Canada. Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.