Sr Municipal Water Engineer
Con-Track Staffing Solutions Waterford, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Water / Municipal Civil Engineer opportunity in Waterford or Muskegon, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform storm, water and wastewater engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature, requiring application of specialized technical expertise performed independent of other personnel; exercise professional judgment in autonomous decisions.
- Periodically assigned a lead role in segments of water and wastewater design projects where engineering work is to be done; directing assigned personnel, meeting cost and time schedules and producing quality results are primary objectives.
- Perform work with little guidance and operate in areas where precedents are not clearly established.
- Perform and direct others in the design of water and wastewater structures, systems and equipment items requiring complicated design concepts and the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Direct engineers and technical support staff in the preparation of plans and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
- Prepare reports and conduct studies of new engineering methods, codes, processes and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, etc.
- Perform commercial and other development site plan reviews.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate field activities and construction monitoring.
- Perform construction phase activities including bid evaluations and review of Contractor's shop drawing submittal.
- Prepare proposals; establish the scope of work, man-hour requirements and schedules.
- Participate in technical development of personnel assigned to him/her.
- Directing the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project scope.
- Perform marketing and client development.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 4 or more years working with design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) registration required; Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Experience with water, wastewater, and water distribution and collection.
- Municipal & site design experience.
- Hydrology and Hydraulic modeling skills a plus.
- Skills with AutoDesk Civil 3D to design Public Works Projects, with the ability to instruct less experienced staff.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.