- Provide training and field support on Satellite-Based Military and Commercial VSAT, LOS Radio, Routing & Switching Networking, and Wireless Communication Technologies.
- Provide technical writing and training development for both technical and training documentation.
- Establish documentation guidelines, procedures, templates, and developing/coordinating final production of deliverables as required by the customer.
- Responsible for providing general maintenance, inspection, and repair of VSAT systems; providing timely responses to emergency site repairs and resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and training complex engineering activities to include defining system requirements and developing technical solutions to address those requirements, hardware / software selection, input to work breakdown schedules, and documentation, in support of customer requirements.
- Operating/maintaining antenna controllers, power amplifiers (HPA/SSPA), up and down converters (LNA/LNB/BUC/BDC), Fiber Optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, FDMA/TDMA modems (satellite modems).
- Experience and skill with commercial and military satellite acquisition procedures are required.
- Minimum CCNA level knowledge of Routing and Switching protocols. Working knowledge in these areas is required: Routing, Switching, VOIP, and QoS.
- Understanding, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), Switching fundamentals (VLANS, VTP, Port Security, Spanning Tree), Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture, and an understanding of TCP Acceleration over Satellite concepts.
- Potential candidates with prior experience operating SNAP, Tampa Microwave, DTech, Klaus, and T2C2 systems are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to operate TDMA and FDMA satellite modems.
- Ability to configure Cryptographic encryption devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot a VSAT Satellite terminal down to the lowest replaceable unit to include knowledge of RF signal flow.
- Ability to manipulate a provided baseline router configuration within a given network to establish connectivity with the distant end to provide services to the end user.
- Knowledge of X, Ka, and Ku satellite bands.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP accelerators, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), and Switching fundamentals in conjunction with a SATCOM network.
- Experience in procedures for accessing commercial and military satellites.
- Ability to coordinate and execute operational requirements with minimal oversight.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to effectively and tactfully communicate with the customer and other team members.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- SECRET Clearance Required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Other training/certifications applicable: A+, NET+, CCNA, GVF Certifications are a plus.
- Medical screening in conjunction with the US Army CRC (CONUS Replacement Center) guidelines.
- Position is in Suwanee, Georgia but minimum travel 60%-75% required.
454 Satellite Blvd, Suwanee, GA 30024