The Space & Component Technology Division of Comtech Command & Control Technologies is a multifaceted business specializing in supply of high reliability electronic components and engineering services for use in satellites and launch vehicles; design, construction, operation & maintenance of ground systems for launch tracking, command and control; as well as supply of satellite tracking antennas for low earth orbit (LEO) and medium earth orbit (MEO). We work with many of the industry’s key companies and space agencies, delivering unparalleled levels of service in design and manufacturing support, program management, procurement, and quality assurance. We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to expand our successful team as we penetrate new markets.
About the Opportunity:
Entry level Systems Engineer candidate to support design and development of new ground station architecture as well as provide support for ground station operations and maintenance programs to insure the operability of remotely located tracking stations.
- Responsible for operation, design, development, modification and maintenance of existing and new ground station software
- Task planning, scheduling and coordination with local station managers
- Organize data and records to prepare periodic maintenance reports and white papers
- Lead and support on-site operations as needed.
- Implement constant process improvement for task handling and station performance, as well as overall software configuration management
- Experience in multi-threaded real time programming with C++, Java, Python in Windows/VxWorks/Linux/Qt environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interfacing with international customers as well as senior consult sub-contractors
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Aerospace, Civil, System Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years work experience in aerospace industry handling CMD/TLM processing (ground segment experience as well as familiarity with web-based interface is a plus)
- Must be flexible and able to handle occasional heavy workload
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes for weeks at a time
- Willing to learn and expand system knowledge
- Familiar with proposal activities
- US citizenship required
Comtech Telecommunication Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer