Maintenance Supervisor (FT)
Comstock Companies Ashburn, VA
Maintenance Supervisor (FT)
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
Remarkable Team. Remarkable Opportunities.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate developer, acquirer, investor, operator, and asset manager of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area that has developed, acquired, and managed thousands of residential units and millions of square feet of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties since its founding in 1985. Among the fastest growing, vertically integrated, large real estate operating companies in the Washington, DC region. Comstock is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the Comstock Team.
To learn more about Comstock’s history, company culture, and business lines, please review our corporate brochure by clicking here: https://comstockcompanies.com/corporate-brochure/
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner. The Maintenance Supervisor must also ensure the highest level of professionalism while meeting the client’s needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team.
- Provide Class “A” customer service – Building a good rapport with residents and going above and beyond whenever possible
- Train, coach, and motivate a team of maintenance team members
- Protect and improve the value of the client’s assets and ensure that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function
- Implement and manage the reliability-based maintenance function. Inspect and monitor programs; define and implement maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluate current maintenance, operations, and reliability methods and implement changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance
- Monitor operation and maintain refrigeration, water cooling, and air conditioning equipment; heating, ventilating, and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping, and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; review logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as-need basis
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks when required
- Oversee repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determine the frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems
- Maintain PM service logs for all common area and unit-based equipment
- Review property daily for overall condition and appearance and establish maintenance schedules necessary for maintaining a Class “A” property
- Oversee the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the building
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment
- Implement, administer, and manage a safety training program
- Ensure that compliance with all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure. Alert management of building discrepancies
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State, or Local law
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement
- CFC Universal Certification required
- Master of Electrician and Plumbing preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems in multi-family housing and mid to large-size facility operations
- At least 8 years of Residential or hotel facilities operation experience
- At least 8 years of building facilities operation experience in a high-rise, luxury apartment or hotel building
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience as senior engineer/technician or equivalent position in facilities management
- Building automation systems experience required
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Yardi experience is a plus
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Understands elevator maintenance, fire sprinkler/alarm systems, and high-rise buildings
- Proficient with computers and relevant computer programs
- General understanding and use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Current Driver's License without major violations
- Outgoing personality with the ability to relate to a diverse group of people and build strong relationships
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to respond to others’ needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to work after hours and weekends, as needed including on-call rotation
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and learn in a growing organization
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with a high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Exceptional oral and written communication, active listening, and organizational skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with others in a team setting
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Outstanding mentoring, coaching, people management, and leadership skills
- Must be able to hire, direct and supervise a strong team while cultivating a professional, friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Must be able to motivate his/her team through personal character, consistency, vision, compassion, and recognition
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate expectations to the team and make sure there is understanding by all
- Must be able to ensure team members are held accountable to achieve/promote Comstock's corporate goals, core values, and departmental responsibilities detailed on the org chart and in the Employee Handbook
- Strong communicator, both orally and in writing, and a good listener
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in dealing with complex issues or organizational change
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues and resolve with practical concrete business minded solutions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior and executive level management
- Strong business orientation and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong budgeting & financial skills
Employment opportunities at Comstock vary from time to time and from position to position. As such the work schedules and physical demands associated with each position and workplace may vary. Please contact an HR representative for specific details. #careerssponsor
Comstock considers the health and safety of its residents, tenants, guests, and team members as its highest priorities. As such, Comstock consistently monitors developments related to COVID-19 and similar risks to the health and well-being of the general population and reserves the right to mandate appropriate safety precautions including vaccines.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Comstock CompaniesAshburn, VA
Get fresh Maintenance Supervisor (FT) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.