Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (FT)
Comstock Companies Reston, VA
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (FT)
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
Remarkable Team. Remarkable Opportunities.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHCI) is a leading real estate developer, acquirer, investor, operator, and asset manager of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area that has developed, acquired, and managed thousands of residential units and millions of square feet of mixed-use and transit-oriented properties since its founding in 1985. Among the fastest growing, vertically integrated, large real estate operating companies in the Washington, DC region. Comstock is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the Comstock Team.
To learn more about Comstock’s history, company culture, and business lines, please review our corporate brochure by clicking here: https://comstockcompanies.com/corporate-brochure/
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor of BLVD Reston, a high-rise, luxury apartment building, is responsible for helping the operational management, daily leadership, and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner.
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor helps the Maintenance Supervisor ensure the highest level of professionalism while meeting the client’s needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team.
- Provide Class “A” customer service – Building a good rapport with residents and going above and beyond whenever possible
- Protect and assist in improving the value of the client’s assets
- Assist with overseeing Maintenance Technicians assigned to the property, assign work orders, schedule apartment turnovers
- Coordinate vendors and contractors in Maintenance Supervisor’s absence
- Perform PM on apartments and building equipment
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and cleaning of property both interior and exterior
- Perform emergency on-call service in a rotation order
- Perform electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, and appliance repairs
- Repair and treat structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls, and building exteriors
- Make units ready for new move‐ins
- Maintain, repair, and replace HVAC systems
- Complete grounds work such as grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping, as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- EPA 608/CFC Certification required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver's License
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems in multi-family housing and mid to large-size facility operations.
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with a high degree of integrity.
- Must hold yourself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation.
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Exceptional oral and written communication, active listening, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with others in a team setting.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Employment opportunities at Comstock vary from time to time and from position to position. As such the work schedules and physical demands associated with each position and workplace may vary. Please contact an HR representative for specific details.
Comstock considers the health and safety of its residents, tenants, guests, and team members as its highest priorities. As such, Comstock consistently monitors developments related to COVID-19 and similar risks to the health and well-being of the general population and reserves the right to mandate appropriate safety precautions including vaccines.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Comstock CompaniesReston, VA
Get fresh Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (FT) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.