We are a Chicago-based IT consulting firm and looking for a full-time desktop/server engineer with excellent communication, documentation, analytical and customer service skills. Must be able to work independently and self-motivated. We provide excellent pay, paid training, paid vacation and great benefits. The ideal person has a passion to be involved in a fast-paced working environment and possesses the desire to be intricately involved in a growing company.
- Respond to questions and resolve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide technical expertise for workstation/server architecture as it pertains to evaluation, setup, configuration, deployment, and maintenance
- Ability to consult and provide analysis concerning business process improvements, problem resolution, and systems solutions
- 3-4 years of experience with desktop and server support
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows desktops – Windows 7, 8 10 and MS Office
- Experience with network infrastructure technologies such as printers, switches, firewall/routers, wireless and VLANs
- Experience with Cisco firewall/router and switch support is a huge plus
- Experience with Microsoft server technologies: Windows 2008/2012/2016, Exchange, SharePoint, etc. is a plus
- Experience with VoIP is a plus
- Reimburse $50 for cell phone, $30 for home internet
- Profit sharing 1 year after hire
- Further education and certification reimbursement
- Flexible schedule, work 1-2 days remotely