In-House Remote Support / Computer Consultant
Have you ever had a GREAT experience when calling, emailing or chatting with a technical support representative? A local IT consulting business is growing and looking for another team member to continue to provide the GREAT experience we all desire in our IT help. Our company provides IT consulting services to many prominent businesses in the area and strives to provide an amazing experience for every customer, every time.
In-House Remote Support / Computer Consultant position includes:
- Full time competitive wages
- Paid vacation time
- Competitive benefit package including health, dental, disability, life and 401(k)
- Bonus potential
- Provide PC/Network/technical support for mostly remote users.
- Set up and move workstations; repair PCs; image PCs; and troubleshoot printer problems and network connectivity issues.
- Install software, and telecommunications services such as computers, system software and hardware, and cabling as requested.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and diagnose hardware and software problems. May replace defective components, and provide technical assistance.
- Perform data backups and maintain an inventory of computer parts for emergency repairs.
- Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to a variety of customers (some technical some non-technical).
- Research and design work for new customers and current customer improvements.
- Develop network proposals and implement proposed solutions.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Relevant technical training and/or certifications (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, A+, etc.) preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience in a technical support role preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Self-starter and able to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Must be able to communicate technical jargon to non-technical people
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Proficient computer skills including desktop computing systems hardware and software preferred.
- Knowledge of WAN protocols and network security solutions
- 2+ years’ experience in the following required:
- Virus Removal
- System Builds
- 802.11 a/b/g
- TCP/IP and routing knowledge (TCP/UDP/IP/ICMP/etc. . .)
- VPN (L2TP 2/3, IPSEC, SSL-VPN, DMVPN, PPTP, GRE)
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/2012/Win 7/win 8/Server/Workstations
- TCP/IP Troubleshooting
- Other experience desired: Fortinet Experience, MS Exchange Experience, Apache/MS IIS, Network sniffing tools such as Wireshark, Cabling Experience (Cat5, Etc.), Surveillance Camera installation, Dell Power Edge and Storage solutions
- Able to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Able to stand for an extended period of time with or without accommodation.
- Able to travel to customer offices as required
- Able to occasionally provide emergency after hours onsite support for customers as needed