Duration: 3+ month contract
Location Brooklyn, OH
Job Title: Real Estate Collections Specialist
Work Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
Pay Rate: $20-25/hour based on experience
Overview: This position is responsible for receiving all written and verbal borrower assistance packages received by the loss mitigation department and reviewing for completeness, as well generating required letters to the borrower based on regulatory or state requirements.
· Maintain contact with borrower to ensure they understand the current status of their loan workout application, available options, and next steps; remain the "single point of contact" throughout the loss mitigation, loan modification and foreclosure process.
· Initiates outbound contact with borrowers to determine "reason for default", borrower intent, financial ability to repay debt, and to identify potential loss mitigation options/solutions.
· Balance multiple priorities and tasks such as inbound/outbound phone calls, letter generation, trial payment and document tracking.
· Answer inbound phone inquiries from borrowers regarding the status of loss mitigation, modification, short sales and foreclosure process.
· Interviews borrowers to understand borrowers specific situation; identify and request appropriate documents required for workout review.
· Assists customers that are in a loan default situation to find solutions to maintain home ownership or to identify and discuss property liquidation options when a modification is not appropriate.
· Reviews and coordinates routine to complex workouts and or coordinates short sale liquidations.
· Works with foreclosure department to ensure dual tracking does not occur.
· Expected to engage, understand and advise borrowers of available options to resolve real estate secured and unsecured delinquency and submit required information to underwriting team to obtain approval of eligible workout options.
· Makes a diligent effort to obtain the necessary documents from the customer when package is incomplete in an effort to complete the application and submit for underwriter review. Handle all customer emails and voice mails that are assigned
· Access information in multiple systems to inform borrowers of loan workout terms, important dates and deadlines. Follow-up with borrower to get loan modification agreements signed and closed.
· Make "good faith" payment arrangements with borrower to ensure mortgage does not fall further behind while loss mitigation options are being evaluated.
· Notify and inform borrowers of changes to dates/timelines and decisions as they are made. •Work with borrower to obtain broker information for short sale process.
· Maintains Investor and Treasury requirements for file servicing, reporting, and correspondence as it relates to trial plan monitoring, preparing modification documents, denials and closings.
· Follows up with mortgagors, authorized 3rd parties, or internal council to ensure timely receipt of executed modification documents.
· Efficiently handle a variety of customer inquiries, via phone call and written correspondence, regarding the customer's loan.
· Minimize call escalations by gaining our customer's trust and keeping our promises. Prioritize quality and efficiency in resolving customer issues.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, investor requirements and CFPB Servicing Guidelines.
· Maintains appropriate records and documents the system of record in order to preserve a history of actions taken or denied.
· Verbally collect customer financial information to render a decision on Non-Real Estate accounts
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associates Degree Preferred; High School Diploma required
• Real Estate collections or default related experience required
• Knowledge and understanding of mortgage and title documents, credit reports, appraisals, default servicing, loan default legal process and legal terminology.
· No third party resumes will be accepted
· CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
· Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
· All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
· Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
· CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
· CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website or email your Word version resume and salary expectations to Amanda.Dianetti@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG’s greatest asset is our people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).