Job Title: Web Application Development, Web Application Engineering Adjunct Instructor
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Academics/Academic Dean/Program Manager
General Summary: Web Application Development, Web Application Engineering Instructor will teach the following courses:
• User Interface Design
• Introduction to Programming
• Web Application Development
• Database Administration
• Application Server Administration
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Web Security and Privacy
The instructor will be responsible for planning and delivering in-class instruction with approved curriculum.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Teach up to 27.5 hours week.
• Prepare lesson plans for each class session.
• Deliver lectures and facilitate Project-Based Learning (PBL) on various business-related topics.
• Assist students in the learning process.
• Evaluate and monitor student progress through the use of various assessment tools.
• Keep necessary records to report Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to the Academic Dean.
• Attend and participate in quarterly campus-wide instructor in-service meetings as required. Stay well-informed with the advancements in teaching by attending professional development activities outside of CSI.
• Organize and lead field outings for student enrichment once per module.
• Actively contribute to program improvement through the use of committee involvements.
• Provide support through academic advising to ensure student growth and retention.
• Additional tasks as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field of study related to computer and information science, web development, user interface design, programming or similar fields.
• Five years or more of industry related experience preferred.
• Three years or more of experience using Python programming language and Django framework.
• Three year of experience in Database administration and SQL language.
• Good understanding of Software Project Management procedures and documentation.
• Three years of experience using iterative lifecycle models (Agile)
• Three years of experience using Application Servers and containers.
• Familiarity with cyber security basics.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the instructor is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Earned Sick Time
Computer Systems Institute
Why Work Here?Our school is focused on helping students get the skills and support they need to reach their goals. Whether you are looking to improve your professional skills or to pursue further academic study, CSI can help!
COME WORK WITH US - EXPLORE GREAT OPPORTUNITY