Title: Global Sanctions Specialist
Reports to: Director, Global Risk and Compliance
The Global Sanctions Specialist is responsible for driving sanctions compliance strategies for CSI Regulatory Compliance Group’s products and positioning in the market, as well as our clients’ use and implementation of those products. The Global Sanctions Specialist will apply their expertise and knowledge of the regulatory requirements, laws and guidance that govern global sanctions, risk and compliance practices to support CSI’s position as a thought leader in the industry. The Global Sanctions Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes, and product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policies. The Global Sanctions Specialist will collaborate and partner with all teams to educate the organization, partners and customers about emerging sanctions compliance trends, common program weaknesses, and best practices.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Review and stay abreast of the laws and regulations that affect a diverse and global marketplace to determine possible business impact for CSI and its clients
· Maintain expert knowledge of the regulatory landscape and the key challenges related to delivering competitive and relevant solutions to the market
· Provide compliance input on strategic and business action plans, projects, and operational requests related to regulatory compliance, Sanctions risk, and other items across the financial crime spectrum.
· Develop, design and deliver compliance strategies to management and negotiate required solutions with the appropriate teams
· Guide and assist clients with model validation engagements related to their regulatory compliance and sanctions programs
· Support internal and external audit efforts by advising staff, providing support to clients and auditors, and assisting with responses to inquiries and findings
· Coordinate and respond to inquiries about regulatory requirements and practices from internal teams as well as from clients
· Participate in client calls and visits along with other team members to provide expertise and thought leadership regarding regulatory trends and demands
· Participate in developing and delivering white papers and other thought leadership publications/outreach also to include blogs, podcasts, webinars, etc.
· Develop and deliver customized compliance training with respect to US and International Sanctions, and other items across the financial crime spectrum
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Strong knowledge of US and international sanctions regulations
· Solid working knowledge of other US and international regulations across the financial crime spectrum (e.g. AML, fraud, corruption, trade-based money laundering, etc.)
· Familiarity with Non-Bank Financial Institutions (e.g. MSBs – including FinTech and payments services, Insurance, Securities dealers, Casinos, etc.) or Bank Financial Institution
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· At least 7 years of work experience in a financial crime unit, regulatory organization, legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
· At least 5 years of compliance/risk experience focused on Sanctions
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
· ACFCS, ACAMS or equivalent certification a plus
CSI offers end-to-end technology solutions that range from core banking and Internet banking solutions to compliance monitoring and secure document management.
As a company, we strive to deliver the best solutions the industry has to offer and back them with personal customer service that distinguishes us from the competition. Our efforts provide customers with a trusted technology partner, shareholders with a good return on their investment, and CSI employees with a great place to work.
CSI also offers a competitive compensation package to include paid vacation, 401k, profit sharing, medical insurance to include dental and vision, and much more!
For more information on CSI, visit our website at www.csiweb.com.
CSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other legally protected basis.