**Please Note: This is a W2 contract position. It is NOT a Corp-To-Corp nor a 1099 position. Please do not apply if you are looking for a Corp-To-Corp or 1099 position. Thank you. **
Senior Application Developer
Location: Canton Pl NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Length: 3-Month Contract
Pay Rate: $39.42 per hour (Non-Negotiable)
Develops, supports and maintains various software applications and solutions in support of Kennesaw State University’s mission.
- Engineers and executes the full life cycle of complex software solutions, including research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, documentation, and other related activities that result in software-based products, ensuring their security, stability, integrity, and recovery
- Designs and develops applications and integrations according to specifications using appropriate programming languages, tools, development methodologies, and adhering to relevant standards, while communicating progress, and delivering within scheduled timelines.
- Uses appropriate algorithms, logic, and data structures to solve problems.
- Writes well organized, documented, and readable code.
- Uses appropriate revision control practices.
- Develops test plans and ensuring that code is well tested, covering expected cases and exceptions
- Works constructively and collaboratively to resolve problems.
- Analyzes performance and function of code and takes action to correct deficiencies.
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental coding standards and participates in peer code reviews.
- Understands the business processes and translates them to software designs and specifications.
- Leads implementation on assigned projects.
- Assists in developing and enhancing the development toolset and core capabilities.
- Mentors and coaches staff, fostering growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Five (5) years of development experience.
- Experience within a higher-education environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with distributed revision control systems
- Experience with continuous integration
- Proficiency with one or more of the following technologies and concepts: Python, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java; - Django, Bootstrap, and jQuery; SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS-SQL; Git; object-oriented design; data modeling; containerization
Knowledge and experience developing and utilizing REST-based APIs – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience developing database-centric applications and working with query languages – Required – 5 Years
Expertise in multiple programming languages, such as Python, PHP, Java, PL/SQL, and ASP.NET – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience with web frameworks and technologies such as Django, Bootstrap, jQuery, ASP.NET, Laravel, and Angular – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience with data exchange and object notation formats, such as JSON and XML – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience using IDEs, such as Visual Studio Code, PyCharm, and Eclipse – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience working in both GUI and command-line environments – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience developing secure code and working knowledge of OWASP principals – Required – 5 Years
Ability to design and develop software that meets technical specifications to satisfy business requirements – Required – 5 Years
Ability to write code that utilizes advanced programing algorithms and data structures – Required – 5 Years
Ability to accurately estimate development times and meet deadlines – Required – 5 Years
Knowledge and experience with software design patterns, such as model-view-controller and object-oriented methodologies – Required – 5 Years
Understanding of host-based networking fundamentals and network protocols, such as HTTP and SMTP – Required
Knowledge and experience troubleshooting software issues using debugging tools and diagnostic methods – Required
A solid understanding of RDBMS practices – Required
Knowledge and experience with T-SQL – Required
Knowledge of common internet security standards – Required
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines – Required
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management – Required
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) – Required
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills – Required