**Please note this job is located in Atlanta, GA**
Programmer Analyst (Micro Focus)
Location: Peachtree Street, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Length: 1-year Contract
Pay Rate: $43.00 (Non-Negotiable)
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for analyzing, understanding and translating business needs into business/technical requirements. This position will analyze, design and develop information systems as well as act as subject matter expert in respective technology.
- Design, code, test, and implement complex programs and packages.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Coordinate analyses necessary to identify viable solution alternatives, create technical documents, high level solution designs and work estimates.
- Conduct systems tests monitor results and take required corrective actions as needed.
- Help support/manage systems during deployment and pilot until effective transition has occurred to the support teams.
- Provide training on respective system or technology solutions to team members and business partners.
- Participate in structured walk-throughs and technical reviews.
- Promote and use the standard systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Define deployment strategies to increase the organization's maturity in tool use.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walk-throughs and technical reviews.
- Select appropriate tools to develop systems and software.
- Deploy and support vendor packaging, designing and building interface around it.
- Provide technical direction in systems analysis, design and development in coordination with enterprise architects and/or solution architects.
- Associate degree in information technology, computer science or related field and five (5) years of related IT experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of working experience in Micro Focus COBOL, Unix, and Mainframe environment
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and commonly used QA concepts, practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and stress/load/performance testing environments.
- Demonstrated application design and development knowledge in one or more of the following - object-oriented programming, .Net, JAVA/J2EE, SQL, TFS, COBOL, C#
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field – Desired
Unix Experience – Required – 4 Years
Micro Focus COBOL – Required – 4 Years
COBOL on IBM Mainframe – Required – 4 Years