**Please Note: This is a W2 contract position. It is NOT a Corp-To-Corp nor a 1099 position. Please do not apply if you are looking for a Corp-To-Corp or 1099 position. Thank you. **
Application Support Generalist
Location: Canton Pl NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Length: 6-Month Contract
Pay Rate: $30.00 per hour (Non-Negotiable)
The Application Support Generalist is responsible for support and maintenance of on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications and systems and functions as liaison between end users and technical support staff.
There is a high probability that this position will telecommute for the short term and then required on-site.
- Provides support and maintenance of on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications including but not limited to: management of user accounts, system configuration, security settings, problem resolution, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, and providing end-user training
- Works closely with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support issues
- Understands customer requests and provides support for departments throughout the University
- Update and resolve service request and tickets in a timely and professional manner
- Escalates issues to more senior staff as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of job-related experience
- Experience installing and supporting cloud based and on-premises enterprise applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service & the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technology staff
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, attention to details, and organizational skills
- Two (2) years of experience working in Higher Education
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux servers, IIS, Apache, etc.
IT Help Desk Experience – Required – 2 Years
Experience installing and supporting cloud-based enterprise applications – Required – 2 Years
Incident Management/Ticketing Systems – Required – 2 Years
Networking Concepts – Required – 2 Years
Software Troubleshooting – Required – 2 Years
MS Office Suite – Required – 2 Years